Utah Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Role Playing game for the soul

+4
StaZ
Sephiroth
Skarmflames
TehWeirdDood
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A Role Playing game for the soul - Page 2 Empty Re: A Role Playing game for the soul

Post by Tsuteto Fri May 06, 2011 1:40 am

((OOC: Hmmm... I may join in a little bit later. Been awhile since I've done story RPing, and it could just be a good start here))
Tsuteto
Tsuteto
Tyro

Level : 1

Character sheet
Name: Tsuteto Dracman
Hit Points:
A Role Playing game for the soul - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10A Role Playing game for the soul - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Weapon: Dragon Sword (Katana)

Back to top Go down

A Role Playing game for the soul - Page 2 Empty Re: A Role Playing game for the soul

Post by Skarmflames Fri May 06, 2011 2:45 am

now I feel bad seeing the creature limp around. But I never had dinosaur meat before Very Happy But i'm wondering who this mysterious man is.

Thanks, I thought I was done there for a moment. Who are you may I ask?

you should probably state your stats and stuff like that hint hint
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Name: Cyris
Hit Points:
A Role Playing game for the soul - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10A Role Playing game for the soul - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Weapon: Hunters Bow

https://www.youtube.com/skarmflames

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Fri May 06, 2011 11:09 am

@Tsuteto: So you've done this stuff before? Then you have more experience than me! Wink

@Skarmflames: That's what character sheets are for, he's got all his stuff in there.
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Name: Todd Wedo Hire
Hit Points:
Weapon: Shoulder Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Z'zShy Fri May 06, 2011 11:20 pm

And I just said my name lol
Z'zShy
Z'zShy
I wish I was a tree.

Level : 4

Character sheet
Name: Matz Habbyk
Hit Points:
Weapon: Gengu (Shortsword)

http://ugto.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuteto Sat May 07, 2011 2:38 am

@TWD: Oh, you don't even know. I'll "kind of" jump in....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tsuteto stood in a tree, watching the skirmish take place. Black trench coat slightly brought up by his tail, wings folded in, though not being squashed by the tree. With arms crossed and keen jade green eyes focused, he finally shook his head. "Amateur," he whispered about Cyris, then was about to walk off. Just then, the battle turned when Matz had jumped in, injuring the beast. He stopped to watch a bit longer, his silver hair gleaming piece by piece from the sunlight that was filtered by the leaves above. The half-dragon half-man leaned his head to the side at the change of events, then shrugged, muttering to himself, "The archer got lucky today it seems."

Hopping down from his branch, landing adeptly on the ground, the only sound heard was a small shift of dirt. With wings outstretched, having slowed his fall in almost an instant, they slowly folded back in, the drakin walking off in the opposite direction. "I've got better things to do than to watch kids play around."
Tsuteto
Tsuteto
Tyro

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Sat May 07, 2011 9:50 am

With the defeated beast left only to limping away, the two victors were free to thank each other for the assistance. Unfortunately, this moment of victory would be short-lived. To the north, a voice, accompanied by the sound of leaves being forcefully pushed aside as the voice's bearer charged toward the heroes' location. This mysterious being was too far away to properly make out what was being said, though it was a very gruff and somewhat angry voice.

((I'll be outta town for the weekend. So try to keep things going while I'm gone?))
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames Sat May 07, 2011 1:35 pm

@tehweirddood it occurred to me after i posted, but I can't really edit can I

I ow you one. Been out here for a couple weeks. Im more or so looking for a town to replenish my goods and get some proper sleep.

Cyris walks over to the remains of what was suppose to be his end. Examining it he wondered if dinosaur would make a good meal?

do you know of which the direction to the closes town would be?
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuteto Sat May 07, 2011 7:28 pm

((OOC: You know, that's a good point. Why ISN'T there an edit button? That's especially important for RPs ^^;Wink)

The leaves ahead of him rustled, accompanied by the sound of the yelling man. Tsuteto didn't care as to what was said, just that the nuisance moved out of his way, or chose not to bother after realizing the mismatch in strength. As the man came into sight, the drakin saw that he wasn't the weakest of fellows, but his actions suggested his inability to fight well. Perhaps a few brawls in the bar, but certainly nothing more than that. None the less, Tsuteto turned his side to the man, grasping a hold of the hilt of his weapon.

With his long hair swaying barely from the slight movement, Tsuteto spoke to the man, voice emotionless, saying, "If you wish to live, don't bother attac-." He stopped, the man running right on past him, screaming whatever he was. He watched as the man seemed to sprint full speed towards the other two. The half-dragon said nothing, but merely stood, watching as to what would take place. Tsuteto could not determine if the man's yelling was out of anger towards the other two, or more of a frustrated yell, seeking help for whatever ailed him. Either way, Tsuteto was ignored, which was uncommon with his reputation, and decided it'd be best to see what was going on. Before the other two had a chance to turn around and see Tsuteto though, he jumped high into the trees, perching himself on a branch once more, concealing himself from direct view. Though ignored by the man, his ridiculous wanted status might peak the other two's interests. The last thing he needed was more misunderstanding and spreading of rumors.
Tsuteto
Tsuteto
Tyro

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames Sat May 07, 2011 10:37 pm

Holy crap. sorry but that just confused me are any of the men me and Zz or just some random characters. Sorry Im just a sophomore. Dungeon master can you you state what's happening every so often that would be great
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuteto Sat May 07, 2011 11:05 pm

((OOC: When it comes to RPing online, if you're ever confused by a person's post, read the last post they made before that, and probably everything in between. That normally helps clarify what's going, and their current state of area, as well as focus.

To roughly explain my post, my character, Tsuteto, had been watching you two fight the little beast thing, and got bored and started to walk off. TWD (the DM) posted about a man, yelling, and charging towards the heroes' (i.e. you two) location. To include myself a bit more, I took my current path as "to the north" of you two (since TWD was mainly focusing the post for you two), therefore crossing path with the man, but was ignored. Now, Tsuteto is intrigued again, and decides to see what the man was yelling about, and how it involves you two.

Hope that clarifies some! Also, when talking out of character in the middle of a roleplay, it helps to start a post as OOC, or identify it in some way, so that they know you're not talking in character, or IC. I also, as you can see, make it a little more shown that I'm talking OOC with parenthesis.

Not going to lie, it's different working with a DM for this, since I'm used to just whoever is in the RP, all contributing to shaping the storyline. I'm not quite sure how you want to take this TWD, so I'm doing my best to not adjust the story as to how you might take its direction, just react to what you place into the story.))
Tsuteto
Tsuteto
Tyro

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Sun May 08, 2011 3:09 am

((OOC: I've done a couple RP's back in the past, and I have to agree, the EDIT button is important. Especially when I make a grammar or spelling mistake and it needs correction. I stated this many times in the mod discussion, but Zz is being ignorant for some reason. I understand you not wanting us to edit the entire story itself, but we really do need an edit button.))

Last edited by Sephiroth on Wed May 11, 2011 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Sun May 08, 2011 3:11 am

((OOC: I just noticed I forgot to make my post in red, guess what I can't do to fix that?))
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Sun May 08, 2011 9:59 pm

((@ Z'zgashi: Yeah, Matz may have told Cyris his name, but don't dedicate an entire post to pointing that out. Just react as if Cyris forgot you did (which in this case isn't far from the truth). And go ahead and take some actions, speaking is a free!

@Skarmflames: Listen to Tsuteto. He is an RP god. And I should use double brackets more too.

@Tsuteto: Thanks for taking charge and clearing up a bunch of stuff. I'm not taking this a specific direction. Theoretically, you could treat it as a regular RP, I'm just here to make things... interesting. So do what you want, I'M gonna try and conform to all of YOUR posts. So keep me on my toes. Wink And as for why there isn't an edit button... read below.

@Sephiroth: I still really don't like having to deal with someone taking an action, changing their mind, and doing something completely different to counter an action that happened AFTER that initial post. This suddenly seems trivial if we can enforce a few rules, so I'll have to talk to Z'z about re enabling it. I'm thinking we re enable it, and it someone makes a huge change like that again, they suddenly suffer from the divine wrath of God and get insanely bad luck. Until we fix that, use that preview button!))

The angry man blazed right past Tsuteto, headed for the other two warriors. From the direction the man just ran past, the drakin could make out a much fainter and younger voice yelling after the other man. "Hey! Wait up! Don't just leave me alone back here! God, this place freaks me out..."
The second man was obviously younger and less experienced in... whatever they were doing.

As Cyris examined the (now) unconscious beast, the angry man burst through the trees! Examining him, he appeared to be a guard of some sort. He was a middle-aged man with an admirable mustache. He was dressed in a humble leather breastplate and held a worn n' torn club in his left hand, a shield in his right. He could've been a real nice fellow, if he hadn't just started yelling at you.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING OUTSIDE OF THE TOWN? Don't you know we guard the forest because of THESE foul things?!?" As he said this, he gestured toward the fallen beast. "What do you have to say for yourself?!"
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames Mon May 09, 2011 2:28 am

The sudden appearance of the guard caught Cyris off balance but he quickly regained he's senses. (Damn this is bad, in all places I had to run into a guard Cyris thought to himself. But he dosen't seem to recognize me, he must not be from the previous city. Better play it low.) "Er, sorry officer we were just taking a shortcut and got into a fix, but we're fine as you can see" said Cyris gesturing toward the corpse."That still doesn't make it safe out here; this was only a little taste of what deadly beasts lay with in this forest" said the man breathing heavy from the previous sprint."yes of course my bad" replied Cyris posting up a smile and rubbing the back of his head.

OOC)): I checked the stats for the characters of Zz and Ts and they are the same with constructive as the their top. Is that an option can I have dexterity as my top instead of constructive? Also I apologise for the meaningless post of my confusion
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Mon May 09, 2011 9:28 am

((@Skarmflames: Well, we're not really using that stats much (if at all) so you can do whatever you want for now. If we really need to, we'll switch your stats around when we actually need them))

Older Guard
"Well you're lucky to be alive, you know." The guard grunted as he saw Matz standing nearby. "Hey, what's HE doing here? What, did you two think it'd be funny to just waltz right into the nearest deadly forest you can find?! Hah! For your information, this forest has had a 100% mortality rating! You two idiots are just extremely lucky." After saying that, the guard roughly grabs Cyris' shoulder and starts leading him North, back the way the guard charged from. "Come along you two! I'll take you back to town."

Younger Guard
"Jeez, why does the captain always have to leave me behind?" This was not the first time the younger guard was left behind. "Jeez, this is just like that time he charged right into the Cave of Lost Souls. I mean, come on! I name like that should at least tip him off that he needs to be more cautious!" The guard moved along the path cleared in the trees by the older guard, unaware of the drakin ahead.
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by StaZ Mon May 09, 2011 9:36 am

Goku comes out of nowhere and does spirit bomb.
StaZ
StaZ
Top Brawler/Moderator

Level : 4

http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=74806

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Mon May 09, 2011 9:54 am

The spirit bomb hits the nearby town. The weapons shop is now in flames. Fortunately, no one was hurt! Nowhere is upset that so many people are getting out of it. Nowhere materializes into a giant dragon, forces Goku into its gullet, then returns to a state of nothingness. Goku suffers 100 damage from digestive acids and crushing muscles. Goku has died. May his impact on this world be remembered forever!
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuteto Mon May 09, 2011 3:00 pm

"Cave of lost souls?" Tsuteto thought to himself. He surveyed the situation, wondering how much time he might have. With how the older guard was acting, and the view points of the other two, not much time. He had to get some information, had to figure out where that cave was, and what it might hold within. In an instant after the young guard had spoke his last word, Tsuteto was right behind him. Clasping a hand over the guard's mouth to prevent a surprise yelp from escaping, the other hand gripping right around the wind pipe of the boy, the drakin spoke sternly, yet softly to not alert the other guards, "If you speak out of line, I'll rip your throat right on out. Now tell me, quickly, where is this Cave of Lost Souls, and what's the rumors of what it might hold?" He let the hand that covered the mouth down, while the other hand clenched tighter on the throat, a warning to the boy.
Tsuteto
Tsuteto
Tyro

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Mon May 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Younger Guard
"C-C-Cave of Lost Souls?! Th-that was... erm... oh yeah! It was to the east of Klypton! Y'know, that town just North of here? ...You know, right? (ohmygodohmygodohmygod I'm gonna die...) A-as for what was inside... I'm not *gack* actually sure! Th-the mayor told us guards that an intruder was inside, and that he had to be stopped at all costs! He... he wasn't specific why! Now please, let me go! I swear, I won't tell anyone I saw you! Honest!"
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames Tue May 10, 2011 12:20 am

Cyris pushed the guards hand off his shoulder to regain his comfort. "Indeed it would be best we leave" said Cyris following the guard closely behind. He turned to if Matz would follow only to be rushed by the guard "hurry up!" stated the guard now moving at a jogging pace.

OCC)): Zz said he could make a 3D model of the world we are questing on. I just need to give him the program so look forward to that.
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuteto Tue May 10, 2011 12:58 am

Tsuteto didn't have time to wrap up his pretty little conversation with the boy. Seeing Cyris and the other guard turn around, his grip instantly left the guard's neck, leaping back at first, then to the side, concealing himself amidst the brush. With wings kept close, he knelt low to the ground, making sure he wasn't seen. He knew the leaves made a bit of noise, but for what was being talked about of this forest, he felt like it wouldn't matter, that it'd be shrugged off as just an animal. Given his appearance though, he doubted it'd be much different to any human. "Intruder, huh?" the drakin started to think, looking at the guard cough to recatch his breath. "I wonder if that's Ethaniel in there. If it is, this is really bad news for any who might try to go in. But why would Ethaniel be in there? What could be of worth in that cave to him?" Shaking his head, Tsuteto knew he would have to go. The best thing for him to do would to be gathering information at Klypton.

A faint sound could be heard up high, almost directly above where the young guard was standing. It was Tsuteto's wings, spreading wide to suspend him in the air. In a brief instant he had leaped from his crouched position to where he was at now. With a beat or two of the dragonic side of him, he sped off towards the town to the north. He would get there long before the others would, and if he had a chance, be gone before they'd get there. Nonetheless, there was one place where all the rumors, and therefore mostly the factual legends, would be: the local bar, Tsuteto's destination.
Tsuteto
Tsuteto
Tyro

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames Tue May 10, 2011 9:21 am

[color=red]The guard and Cyris walked to see the younger boy still coughing. He was on his knee's face red as if he were choked are strangled. There were red claw marks on his throat. "Woah in the name of Nowhere, what happened to you?" asked Cyris. The main guard showed less sympathy to the young man.
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Tue May 10, 2011 12:03 pm

((For that 3D map, Z'z will have to apply a lot of 'fog of war'. We're kinda improv-ing the locations as we go.))

Older Guard
"Hey kid... what's wrong with yer friend?" The guard was uneasy watching Matz stand in place, doing nothing. "Don't tell me... does yer friend have the chronic comatose disorder? Hell, that's unfortunate. I know a guy back in town who has it. Anyway, we'd best be getting a move on!" The guard grabs Habbyk's arm and forces him along. Along the path, they encountered...

Younger Guard
The younger guard coughed and sputtered, still recovering from his sudden inquisition. Hearing rushing feet, he looks up to find Cyris, Matz, and the older guard. "H-hey! I was just held up by some weird person! He wanted to know about the Cave of Lost Souls! I-I think he headed for town!"

"There's no time to waste! Let us hurry!" The older guard began a charge north, leaving Matz and Cyris with the younger guard.

The town of Klypton was not far from
Tsuteto's initial position in Reed Forest. They actually happened to be 30 feet from the forest's exit, with only 20 feet separating the town from the forest.
The town offers a variety of services. Some examples were the Church of Klypton (worshiping Nowhere), the magic shop, the local bar, the weapons shop (currently in flames), and a hospital. The townspeople were mostly in a panic. What else would you do if a local shop suddenly and mysteriously burst into flames? This left the shops and church abandoned, the local hospital ready to care for any injured people (of which there were none).
Tsuteto's flight nearby went unnoticed due to this.
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames Tue May 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Cyris stood there with the older guard running off to town. Cyris picked up matz and slug him over his back. He turned to the younger guard. "come on we don't want to be left behind" said Cyris offering his hand to help the pupil up.
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuteto Tue May 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Landing deftly on the outskirt of town, opposing side of the forest, Tsuteto folded his wings in tight. Pulling out a cloak from the inside of his long coat, he wrapped it around, clasping it snugly to fit upon his shoulders, concealing his wings. Also with a tail wrapped around his leg, he started to walk into the town. Just before stepping through the gates, a poster caught his eye. He stepped back, looked at the tree that it was placed upon, and spat upon the ground. "10 mil?" he questioned bitterly. "Authority is getting cheap about bounties." He then moved on from the poster which read WANTED: Tsuteto Dracman - Murder and destruction - $10,000,000. "They didn't even get my eyes right this time...."

Slipping into the bar, it was already a given that people would look at him with how he was dressed. A cloak over his head, he proceeded straight to the source of information: the bartender. Pulling out a small bag of gold, he placed it on the counter, a normal sign for the bartender to not question. The extra money in there was a hint for a want of information. "What'll it be?" he scruffy ex-military man asked.

"An ale," Tsuteto replied softly, and then added on any softer, "And anything you know about the Cave of Lost Souls that's impertinent to a treasure hunter, or a legend seeker."

Slipping the bag into his pocket, the bartender scratched his head, then started into what he had, while fixing up the drakin's drink, saying, "Well..."

((OOC: I'll let you take it from there TWD ^^))
Tsuteto
Tsuteto
Tyro

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next