Utah Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Role Playing game for the soul

+4
StaZ
Sephiroth
Skarmflames
TehWeirdDood
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A Role Playing game for the soul Empty A Role Playing game for the soul

Post by TehWeirdDood Wed May 04, 2011 12:33 am

So Skarmflames and I were fooling around at our scouts tonight, and we played a sort of D&D game without rules, with me as the DM. Basically, he went on a quest, I told him what happened, he made choices (some ridiculous), befriended animals, killed inn-keepers, that sort of stuff. We decided 'twould be amazing to share with this forum here. SO YEAH.
Basically, join in the adventure anytime with an original character or just be yourself. I'll make the adventure as wacky and exciting as I can! Very Happy
So whoever wants to take a stab at it, start from this:
You wake in a forest. You are in a small clearing, with a fire burning at your side. You can hear many woodland animals in the trees around you, such as squirrels and some birds. You can go in any compass direction from here.

What will you do?
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Level : 1

Character sheet
Name: Todd Wedo Hire
Hit Points:
A Role Playing game for the soul Left_bar_bleue10/10A Role Playing game for the soul Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Weapon: Shoulder Blade

Back to top Go down

A Role Playing game for the soul Empty Re: A Role Playing game for the soul

Post by Skarmflames Wed May 04, 2011 12:45 am

hmm interesting... I'll join inserting a more serious character this time. Cyris (sigh-ris). He is a hunter he mains the bow. stats are what you would expect from a hunter.

I leave the clearing with bow in hand in hopes for hunting food for the day to come.

Last edited by Sephiroth on Wed May 04, 2011 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oh no you don't! Red is my color!)
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Name: Cyris
Hit Points:
A Role Playing game for the soul Left_bar_bleue10/10A Role Playing game for the soul Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Weapon: Hunters Bow

https://www.youtube.com/skarmflames

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Wed May 04, 2011 1:32 am

As Cyris wanders through the forest, he notices the trees don't seem as passive as most trees are. Their branches seem to come down to block his path. It isn't a huge problem, they are easily pushed aside, but it does leave a strange feeling of hostility...
Other than the mysterious trees, nothing can be found. Now a strange absence of prey? Something is amiss in this forest.
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames Wed May 04, 2011 1:39 am

what the F, who made seph DM im confuesed??? oh well go along i guess

I duck near round a tree and wait silently

Last edited by Skarmflames on Wed May 04, 2011 1:43 am; edited 4 times in total
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Wed May 04, 2011 1:41 am

RANDOM DINOSAUR ATTACKS FROM NO WHERE!!!

But this isn't just any normal dino, this is a slaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus

The most deadly dinosaur of them all!
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Wed May 04, 2011 1:59 am

So Seph, I'm assuming the slaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus
is (one of) your character(s)?

As Cyris ducks in cover, the slaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus
arrives as from nowhere! Cyris is hidden, though there's a slight possibility that the slaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus
can find Cyris, it's fairly unlikely. Cyris is a hunter, after all.

Both of you get a turn to move and/or do something. Some things are a free action, like speech.
I don't know how perceptive the slaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus
is, so just be reasonable for if Cyris is found.
And yeah, I'm DM, guys. Because I'm a power hog or something.
Also, try not to Ninja Edit, it confuses the crap out of me and possibly everyone else. Like, skarmflames, I'll let you off for now, but next time I'll play it as I see it, including your launched arrow.
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Wed May 04, 2011 2:33 am

Sorry, I did that just to troll.

No more comments from Seph

Also, I want Skarm to do battle with the deadly foe. Wink
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Wed May 04, 2011 10:57 am

Well you should play this, Seph. It will be fun, exciting, stupid, all that nice stuff. So I'll leave your beasty in your control, but I'll take charge if you absolutely refuse to play. Which would depress me. Majorly. Crying or Very sad
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames Wed May 04, 2011 1:44 pm

I lower my breath and hold steady my bow readying for a fight
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Wed May 04, 2011 1:48 pm

slaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus looks around and see's nothing, but it smells the feint fragrance of flesh. The famished creature starts to wander searching for the meal it so desires.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by StaZ Wed May 04, 2011 2:56 pm

This is getting so intense, no joke
StaZ
StaZ
Top Brawler/Moderator

Level : 4

http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=74806

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames Wed May 04, 2011 3:58 pm

I listen carefully and maneuver myself to stay hidden getting low on the ground attempting to blend in
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Wed May 04, 2011 5:08 pm

StaZ, you should join in! Make it even MOAR intense! Very Happy
And I don't have much to add as a DM. Just go for each other and all that. But I'll try adding to the scene anyway.
The forest was still, it seemed not a creature moved. If there was anything sentient nearby, they worried only about the conflict that seemed to be nigh. Strangely, it seemed that even the leaves of the trees weren't rustling. The only sound to be heard was of slaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus searching for its quarry.
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Wed May 04, 2011 5:44 pm

slaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus hears a small twig snap near by. In an over eager state, it rushes towards the sound at an alarming rate it finally meets it's prey face to face! Though not even a second has passed, the slaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus prepares itself by pulling it's head back, ready to snap at it's prey.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames Wed May 04, 2011 6:16 pm

With amazing reflexes side doges the attack and lunches the arrow and the beasts head
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Wed May 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Again, use judgement for if the attack hits and whatnot...
Short post, mostly wanted to tell y'all that Z'z has added Character Sheets to the forum! Go to your profile, and it's the right-most tab. So yeah, mucho-grande thanks to Gashi for that favor.
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z'zShy Wed May 04, 2011 10:20 pm

My character will be Matz Habbyk or just Habbyk for short. He is an adept swordsman who wields one of the Swords of Legend, Gengu. He's a Kemono from a far off land, who is searching for anything that could possibly put an end to his people's persecution. He's also a badass.
Z'zShy
Z'zShy
I wish I was a tree.

Character sheet
Name: Matz Habbyk
Hit Points:
Weapon: Gengu (Shortsword)

http://ugto.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Thu May 05, 2011 2:26 am

The arrow strike the slaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus's right eye blinding in blood. The creature screams out a deafening cry in pain! In rage of fury the slaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus starts to ferociously snap at the open air. In this fit of rage it gets close to biting the young hunter's left arm.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z'zShy Thu May 05, 2011 2:29 am

Sounds dangerous :O Here's to hoping Habbyk can help out. *waits for someone to add him into the story*

...well im not gonna do it myself Razz
Z'zShy
Z'zShy
I wish I was a tree.

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames Thu May 05, 2011 9:13 am

I look for an exit to no avail. It looks like the end is near. when suddenly out of no where Habbyk jumps in and attacks the beast.
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 am

I'm not against Habbyk jumping out to help, but just gonna throw out that you can't control other players' characters directly. So Z'z, ya don't necessarily have to jump out like that, but it's a nice calling card and all. And I wanna point out, Cyris is also probably (temporarily) deaf. Them giant dinosaurs have nasty loud roars, espesh at close range like that.
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames Thu May 05, 2011 9:24 am

mk

Do something Habbyk
Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z'zShy Thu May 05, 2011 10:59 pm

The SlaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus reared back his head, ready to finish Cyris off, but just as the beast was about to lunge forward, he came to a dead halt. The two enemies sat there motionless, staring each other down, until slowly, the SlaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus turned to look down at his left leg. Along his huge, scaled thigh, there was a massive, oozing, red gash. The SlaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus suddenly felt the sharp, piercing pain from his new injury, and fell to his good knee. There was a sudden blur, followed by another slash to the tip of the monster's nose, and it was then that the tyrant saw the assailant. The figure nimbly landed on a large, protruding tree root, then pointed his sword at the SlaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus. Smirking, the new challenger said, 'hey there, the name's Habbyk. Matz Habbyk.'
Z'zShy
Z'zShy
I wish I was a tree.

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Thu May 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Those were some pretty quick strikes, right thar. The SlaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus is in pretty bad condition. One attack from both Cyris and Habbyk should be enough to at least knock it out.
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Thu May 05, 2011 11:24 pm

With the new found wounds, the SlaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus decides to make it's retreat. It starts to slowly limp away. In a shirk of pain the SlaverdavernavertaverclaverravershaverbaverfaverMcjaversaurus falls to the ground. Although exhausted from the battle, it uses it's resolve and attempts to push itself up with it's good leg, but fails. It starts to flip around on the ground struggling to stay alive.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next