Utah Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What sport has the most superstitious athletes?

+5
Tsuteto
Rattler5150
deathbysuarez
Skarmflames
Airhead3
9 posters

Go down

What sport has the most superstitious athletes? Empty What sport has the most superstitious athletes?

Post by Airhead3 Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:37 am

I know many sports have superstitions that athletes believe in whether temporary for the playoffs, or lifelong. But which sport is the worst, or most superstitious?

Airhead3

Level : 1

Back to top Go down

What sport has the most superstitious athletes? Empty Re: What sport has the most superstitious athletes?

Post by Skarmflames Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Skarmflames
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Name: Cyris
Hit Points:
What sport has the most superstitious athletes? Left_bar_bleue10/10What sport has the most superstitious athletes? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Weapon: Hunters Bow

https://www.youtube.com/skarmflames

Back to top Go down

What sport has the most superstitious athletes? Empty Re: What sport has the most superstitious athletes?

Post by deathbysuarez Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:00 am

I've heard of stuff like baseball players not washing their jerseys cause it's "lucky" Prolly went unwashed for weeks
deathbysuarez
deathbysuarez
Amateur

Level : 4

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
What sport has the most superstitious athletes? Left_bar_bleue10/10What sport has the most superstitious athletes? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattler5150 Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:45 am

If you count karate as a sport then i would say karate because they do all that pre-fight meditation stuff

Rattler5150

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuteto Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:15 am

That's not superstition. That's clearing your mind, a proven method to help you focus for the real deal. If it's just before sparring, you're planning out how the fight goes. If it's before performing forms, then you're solidifying in your mind exactly every inch of what you're going to do. It doesn't just apply to karate either, it applies to everything, or SHOULD apply to everything.

I haven't really followed sports enough to know what ridiculous beliefs are out there. I do know the jersey one. I would probably say football, overall. Most popular, some of the fans probably have absolutely ridiculous things for the season. Lifelong though? Not a clue.
Tsuteto
Tsuteto
Tyro

Character sheet
Name: Tsuteto Dracman
Hit Points:
Weapon: Dragon Sword (Katana)

Back to top Go down

Post by MishelWalter Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:06 am

Well, I would name it as karate because they do all that pre-struggle meditation stuff.
MishelWalter
MishelWalter

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainAndrew Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:55 am

Cricket is the most fantastic sport to watch and play as well.

CaptainAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by bella80 Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:16 am

A lot of superstitious superstars in hockey. Also Baseball, as many of the Americans and Mexicans and Cubans are Christian and are superstitious.

bella80

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff2011 Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:38 am

I think Golf is really worst and most superstitious, its really boring game and lazy players playing Golf.

Jeff2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum