Utah Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidia 2

+2
TehWeirdDood
Sephiroth
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are you getting Dissidia 2?

Dissidia 2 I_vote_lcap29%Dissidia 2 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Dissidia 2 I_vote_lcap29%Dissidia 2 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Dissidia 2 I_vote_lcap14%Dissidia 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Dissidia 2 I_vote_lcap28%Dissidia 2 I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

Dissidia 2 Empty Dissidia 2

Post by Sephiroth Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:39 am

Here's your one-stop spot for all the quick information you need to find out about what's new with Dissidia 012[Duodecim]! This thread is also where you can talk about the news you read, and discuss your thoughts on the future of the game, and what we could expect from it. Be sure to jump back to the front page every so often to make sure you're up to date!

RELEASE DATE
JP 3-3-2011 // EN 3-22-2011 // EU 3-25-2011

Interesting Tidbits!
The game will feature a brand-new Assist system, allowing a player to bring another character into battle for support in various situations
Dissidia 012[duodecim] has an online Tournament Mode for up to ten players, with a spectator mode built in. There is also a Quest Creation Mode where players can make their own original quests and send them to others
Data Transfer, the method of immigrating save data from one game to another, will be used in Duodecim, taking your character's current levels from DFF into 012!
The mysterious Dissidia duodecim Prologus Final Fantasy is a 300yen downloadable demo (available since 1.18.2011). Prologus comes with an exclusive scenario and an Arcade Mode (but no customizable options). Purchasing the demo also gives you access to Aerith as an Assist character
At the Square's 1st Department Production Premier, Gilgamesh has been hinted but not confirmed UPDATE: After having opened up the code for Prologus, artwork for both Prishe and Gilgamesh was found, all but confirming Gilgamesh's appearance
More code diving has revealed a mysterious "Desperado Chaos," which seems to be Chaos with a much more feral look
Square plans to release DLC Costumes and Music Tracks later on after the games release. This explains why Duodecim itself will be much cheaper than a usual PSP game, allowing players to choose what extra content they want to pay for.
Any character who received an alternate costume in the story - Terra, Cloud, Tidus, and Jecht - has switched sides. How long they stay on those sides is yet to be seen. We'll just have to watch the story unfold!
The Five-man Party system is a battle system where you can pit your party against a slew of opponents. You can also assign each character a Job for varying bonusesDissidia 2 Newicona EDIT: In an interview, it was stated that each character in the party can be played by another player, meaning up to ten players can play together with Party Battle.

Sites of Interest
Official North American Site
http://na.square-enix.com/dissidia_012/
Official Japanese Site
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dissidia_012/
Japanese Soundtrack Site
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/dissidia/012/
Other important sites.
http://thelifestream.net/
http://www.andriasang.com/e/search/?query=duodecim&cat=articles
http://community.livejournal.com/ffchaoticcosmos/

Video Digest
Final Trailer (English Subtitles)

Empyreal Paradox Battle - Square's Contest Packet

English Gameplay - Bravery & HP Attacks

English Gameplay - Blocking & Dodging

English Gameplay - EX Burst

More in the spoiler tag!
Spoiler:

Any information gathered on DissidiaForums is from the aforementioned Sites of Interest, through extrapolation of information shown, or through hands-on time with demonstration builds of
Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Level : 1

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Dissidia 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10Dissidia 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Dissidia 2 Empty Re: Dissidia 2

Post by Sephiroth Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:50 am

New Character Information
Kain Highwind Tactical Striker [Final Fantasy IV]
- A great aerial combatant who can forgo the cool down of his melee attacks by pressing to rush at the opponent
- His aerial attacks are quite versatile, used for attacking the opponent no matter what their position. Each attack can then be followed up by a different attack depending on your input; Up+O throws the opponent upwards above you, Down+O knocks them below you, and a stationary O sends them away. Depending on what skill you use, and which attack you follow up with, it can lead to either Chase or additional WR damage
- Cyclone tracks as well, if not better, than Blizzard Barret, and launches the opponent into the air
- His Another Form is the Dark Dragoon costume. His 3P color is the "Hooded Man" from The After Years
- EX Mode = Holy Dragoon - Armor shines blue and Kain removes his helmet
_____Can use Dragon Sword [Lancet] with R+, gaining back HP equal to the damage dealt. Quickly appears under the opponent's feet, like Flood
_____EX Burst = Pride of Dragoon - Rapidly jam the button displayed to fill the gauge, and then jump into the stratosphere, dropping back down for maximum damage

Gilgamesh Concept Unknown [Final Fantasy V]
- Seems to wield different weapons for his attacks, much like Bartz, Laguna, or Vaan. His EX Mode has him holding one of his random iconic weapons, with a differing effect on each. This makes his EX Mode a gamble, as you never know which weapon he will hold, risking the chance of getting Excalipoor, which deals 1 damage on each hit
- The character's movements, attacks, and dialog have all been said to be rather humorous

Tifa Lockheart Feint Brawler [Final Fantasy VII]
- Can cancel out of the beginning of any of her melee attacks, BRV or HP, with X to feint. If close, she'll sweep around to the opponent's back, if at a distance, she'll rush forward towards them. After feinting, she can continue her initial attack, or do nothing - but this incurs a horrible cool down penalty
- Blizzara spell shoots straight ahead, and holds the opponent in place for a few moments like Mystic Flurry before throwing them into the floor. If blocked, a chunk of ice sits on the battlefield
- Blizzaga drops down from overhead, holding the opponent in place for a few moments before throwing them into the floor
- Her other form is her black, leather Advent Children outfit. Her 3P is her cowgirl outfit during the Nibelheim Incident. She also has an exclusive fourth costume available from DLC with the European Special Edition, which is based off of her Amano design, with red leather
- EX Mode = Equipped Premium Heart
_____Her attacks deal more damage depending on how much EX Force she has
_____EX Burst = Slots - As the slots spin, select "YEAH!" for maximum damage, and end it with Final Heaven

Dissidia 2 Newicona
Aerith Gainsborough Assist Only [Final Fantasy VII]
- Aerith appears in 012 as an Assist Only Character - meaning she will not be playable. She is accessed for players who have purchased Dissidia duodecim Prologus, and transferred data to the full release
- Aerith's Bravery Skills are...
_____Cure - Recovery attack. Increase you Brv
_____Seal Evil - Special attack. When hit, holds the enemy at place. Releases after they get hit
- While here HP Skills are...
_____Planet Protector - Special attack. Immune to all damage.
_____Holy - Long range attack, casting time is very long. Effect: wall rush, block.

Laguna Loire Tactical Gunner [Final Fantasy VIII]
- By holding down the attack button, the player can alter the properties of the attack, even some of his HP Attacks
_____Machine Gun - Move about while unleashing a buffet of hot lead
_____Ricochet Snipe - Aim the rifle at the ground or walls to send it ricocheting at the opponent
_____6-Pack Missile - Release up to six missiles at once
_____Shotgun - Concentrates the scattershot into a smaller area, increasing damage dealt
_____Stickey Bomb - Can stick to anything before exploding, rather than just the opponent
_____Split Laser - One large energy bullet flies out before splitting into smaller bullets
- Can use his Machine Gun, different types of Grenades, a homing Rocket Launcher, a Missile Launcher, a Shotgun, and a Sniper Rifle for Bravery Attacks, and utilizes a Ragnarok-themed hi-tech weapon for HP attacks with energy blades, beams, and bullets
- Shell Bomb projects a small bubble that he can then stand in, protecting himself from enemy attacks
- Has his Galbadian Army uniform as his Another Form. His 3P costume is his casual President of Esthar wear
- EX Mode = ''Look, the faeries are here!" - Weapons gain a glimmering golden sheen
_____Faeries' Miracle allows Laguna to cancel the cooldown of attacks by launching into others immediately afterwards
_____EX Burst = Desperado - Laguna hangs from the ceiling and you must direct machine gun fire with a crosshair while swinging to maximize damage, and then he unloads a military barrage with his Ragnarok

Yuna Summon Master [Final Fantasy X]
- Summons different Aeons to the field for varying effects. A swing of her staff has the Aeons pop out from glyphs attacking quickly before disappearing. The hitboxes for the attacks are from the Aeons, not Yuna
- Her Aeons are used to attack from any distance, and her moveset is said to be great for beginners. She can summon Ifrit, Shiva, Ixion, Valefor, and Bahamut. Her Bravery attacks are all comprised of the summons' special attacks from X, while her HP Attacks are the summons' iconic Overdrives, like Hellfire, Daimond Dust, and Mega Flare
- Her Another Forms are her Wedding Dress and a brighter colored version of her yukata
- EX Mode = Double Summon - Another Aeon will appear during attacks in EX Mode, similar two Squall's Lionheart ability where more hits are dealt from a combo. The extra Aeon may also protect Yuna during her cool down phases
_____EX Burst = To the Farplane - A barrage of her Aeon's attacks powered by pressing the button displayed at the right time, and then "sending" the opponent to the Farplane

Prishe Combo Maker [Final Fantasy XI]
- Can freely change the next attack in her combo, creating different combo attacks with each new strike
- Another Form is a simple white recolor

Vaan Adroit Attacker [Final Fantasy XII]
- Switches between eight different weapons (axe+shield, sword+shield, greatsword, katana, bowgun, gun, spear, and staff), and his bare hands. Each different weapon is tied to a Bravery attack, and he holds the weapon corresponding to that attack until a different one is performed. Switching from one weapon to another grants a "Switch Version" to the first attack, giving the new weapon held special properties, even changing how the attack works. Being Barehanded will always give you the Switch version of the weapon you choose.
- HP Attacks are based off of the Concurrences from Final Fantasy XII, and return Vaan to Barehanded
_____Wind's Rupture has a hitbox during the initial casting animation, before the tornado appears
- Going into Chase also returns Vaan to Barehanded, making it a useful tactic to set up further weapon switches
- Another Form is darker, modeled after Amano's artwork. His 3P costume is his collared shirt version from Tactics Advance 2
- EX Mode = Obtained All Licenses! = All weapons are replaced with high-level versions. Some weapons gain additional steps to their combo from Switches while in EX
_____Strongest Weapon increases Vaan's Attack Power
_____Free Switch lets you instantly change to Bare-handed with R+
_____EX Burst = Quickening - Shuffle the options and select the next attack before the timer runs out to perform Red Spiral, White Whorl, and Pyroclasm
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:59 am

Lightning Paradigm Commando [Final Fantasy XIII]
- Can cycle between her three main roles (Commando, Ravager, and Medic) by pressing L+R together, giving her a different set of Bravery attacks. There seems to be almost no frames in between Paradigm Shifts, but she can only shift at any point when she can act (not while attacking or being attacked). You can also shift quickly through Paradigms by holding L and tapping R more than once
- Commando uses physical attacks with her gunblade, and her Ruin spells
_____Many Commando skills come with Wall Rush effects
_____Ruin can track the opponent extremely well
_____Ruinga blasts the opponent straight upward
- Ravager unleashes powerful, varied magic on the enemy, as well as her Full ATB Skill Army of One
_____Thunder hits with a singular bolt, but has little cooldown, and can be used in a three-step combo. Can also initiate Chase
_____Thundaga persists on the field for a while, even if she is struck by attacks
_____Watera slowly floats towards the opponent while Lightning can act independently, and also staggers guards, although it will be reflected at the same time
_____Fire comes out slow for a few moments before tracking after the opponent with a moderate speed and long range. Multiple Fires can be on the field at once, like Cloud's
- Medic replenishes varying amounts of Bravery without attacking the opponent
_____Cure can be used repeatedly in quick succession for a three-step combo. The amount healed is minute, but multiplied with each step as x1>x2>x3 (eg 2>4>6)
_____Curasa requires strict timing for a Just input to complete correctly
- HP attacks are based around attacks Lightning uses in Gestalt Mode, or that Odin himself executes while summoned, and have her wielding the Eidolon's dual swords, accompanied by swarms of rose petals
- Another Form is darker, with blond hair. Her 3P is a Guardian Corps Officer's uniform. She also has a 4P DLC design of her wearing Aya Brea's costume from 3rd Birthday with a black tank top and torn jeans
- EX Mode = Equipped Omega Weapon - Swaps the iconic Blazefire Saber for her ultimate 3rd tier weapon
_____Quick Stagger gives Lightning a chance to instantly Break the opponent with a Bravery attack when their Bravery is low
____Grav-con Unit protects Lightning from Wall Rush by bouncing her back when thrown at surfaces, negating the damage entirely
_____EX Burst = Gestalt Mode - The Gestalt Dial from XIII appears, and the player must input the correct analog stick+button command to maximize damage and end with Zantetsuken. If the player misses an input, the Burst skips to the finisher.
Dissidia 2 Newicona
# Check out the preliminary [URL="http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?7184-quot-Invoke-my-name-I-am-Spark-quot-Lightning-FAQ-Prologus-Edition"]Lightning FAQ [Prologus Edition][/URL] for more in-depth information on how she plays
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:08 pm

For anyone who cares, the game is officially out today.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:43 pm

I still care, but money/priority stuff ensues and all that crap. Neutral
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Name: Todd Wedo Hire
Hit Points:
Weapon: Shoulder Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Z'zShy Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Need. PSP.

Im taking donations now if anyone is willing.
Z'zShy
Z'zShy
I wish I was a tree.

Level : 4

Character sheet
Name: Matz Habbyk
Hit Points:
Weapon: Gengu (Shortsword)

http://ugto.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:16 pm

I'm not nearly up to date to all things Dissidia, but I heard somewhere that beating #2 unlocks ALL of #1... is that true?! Do I need to sell #1 when I beat #2?!
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z'zShy Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:19 pm

I voted in the poll, PLUS THREE POINTS FOR MAH PROFILE.

Also, what is the new playable roster? Who was added and did they take anypony out?
Z'zShy
Z'zShy
I wish I was a tree.

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:21 pm

As far as I'm aware, no one has been taken out, only added to. It kinda makes sense, since #2's a prologue, and apparently no one's really safe from death. So... whoever wasn't in #1, you can probably expect to die. Neutral
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z'zShy Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:26 pm

So Gilgamesh died and effing Shantoto survived?!

THE FUCK
Z'zShy
Z'zShy
I wish I was a tree.

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Excalipoor. Case closed.
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:31 am

Well, Shantoto and Gabranth were actually flash back characters and weren't really in the storyline.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:34 am

Z'zgashi wrote:Need. PSP.

Im taking donations now if anyone is willing.

If you get a PSP then I'll buy Dissidia 012 for you. Deal?
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z'zShy Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:47 am

Sounds good.

Still taking donations guys.
Z'zShy
Z'zShy
I wish I was a tree.

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:14 pm

So it looks like I'll be getting 012 today. Did you get it, Seph?
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:31 pm

Yep, opening day. Still haven't played it. I'm getting the first one to 100% first.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:41 pm

Haha, ok. You probably know this, but you don't keep old equipment, accessories, or summons when transferring to 012. You got that, right?
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Uhh yeah, I knew that. >_>
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:00 pm

'Kay, just figuring if your gonna get 100%, I figure that'd include armor and all that. Didn't want all your hard work to unknowingly go to waste!
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockmix Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:09 am

Is this game worth getting?
just wondering...
Rockmix
Rockmix
Rockmix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:15 am

Definitely! Like, you will get an orgasm just by touching the case.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z'zShy Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:41 am

^^^ same thing happened when I bought this album: http://lapfox.bandcamp.com/album/rainbow-dash-likes-girls
Z'zShy
Z'zShy
I wish I was a tree.

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:29 am

In all seriousness, who has this?
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Weapon:

Back to top Go down

Post by TehWeirdDood Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:19 am

I STILL DO. I just haven't played it in a little while. Got distracted, lost interest, etc.
TehWeirdDood
TehWeirdDood
is delicious

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z'zShy Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:33 am

I don't, but I legitimately plan on getting it once I get a PSP. And that's not my top priority ATM, but will happen sometime over the summer. Probably around August... Unless there's a release date for Paper Mario on the 3DS... Then that wins.
Z'zShy
Z'zShy
I wish I was a tree.

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next